Injured in a Car Accident in Pennsylvania?
Our Experienced Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyer Defends Victims
Unfortunately, car accidents are one of the most common occurrences of daily life. According to the Association For Safe International Road Travel, “over 37,000 people die” in car wrecks each year in the United States, while “an additional 2.35 million are injured or disabled”.
More often than not, injuries sustained in a car crash can usually be attributed to negligence by the other party involved. However, depending on the circumstances, negligence can be hard to prove when filing a personal injury lawsuit, making it that much more complicated.
You are likely already overwhelmed with just being injured and probably feel a little lost as to how to proceed. A professional Philadelphia car accident lawyer can help you find your footing again and get your life back by fighting on your behalf.
Our Philadelphia personal injury attorney is a family man who believes in social justice. He provides quality representation for each one of his clients not only because he genuinely cares about their best interests, but because he is also wholly invested in helping people.
It is his end goal that every client walks out with peace of mind about their situation. He does everything in his power to achieve that goal by providing clients with a solid strategic plan for their cases and aggressively defends them and their rights during legal proceedings. Through utilizing his expansive skills and resources, he has successfully represented several clients since founding his personal injury law firm.
What Can I Claim in a Car Accident?
Depending on the circumstances of your Philadelphia car crash, you may be able to receive compensation for many types of damages. A Philadelphia car accident lawyer skilled in local and federal laws can help you determine what type of compensation you might be eligible to receive in your case.
Three common types of damages that are often awarded in car accident claims include:
- Medical bills. If your car accident injuries required past, present and/or ongoing medical treatment, then you may be entitled to reimbursement. These costs also include physical therapy and rehabilitation treatments. Medical costs are expensive and overwhelming. An experienced Philadelphia car accident attorney can help ensure that you are awarded the largest amount of recovered damages for all incurred medical bills.
- Pain and suffering. Pain and suffering includes physical and emotional damages. In addition to physical injuries, panic, anxiety and other forms of emotional distress are considered when determining awarded damages.
- Loss of property/property damage. If any of your personal property was damaged or destroyed as a result of the accident, then you (the plaintiff) may pursue compensation from the defendant for that property. Examples of personal property may include your vehicle, electronics and other expensive valuables.
Of course, the court takes other considerations into account when determining awarded damages, such as lost wages. A local Philadelphia car accident lawyer knows the complicated local and federal laws regarding car accidents and can help ensure you receive maximum compensation for any and all damages suffered.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Chances are the first feeling you will have after an accident is disorientation. Stay calm, get your bearings and get away from the vehicle if you are able to — but do not leave the scene. You should always call 911, even if the accident is minor.
After a car accident, we recommend that you take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention. If you or anyone else involved in the accident has sustained injuries, call 911. If you can, provide preliminary first aid to injured parties. This could include keeping the injured party still in case of back or spinal injury or performing CPR.
- Take photographs. Take photos from multiple angles of both cars and any other relevant damage (light poles, guardrails etc), the surrounding area as well as any injuries sustained by you and/or your passenger(s).
- Get eyewitness testimony. If there are witnesses, make sure you speak with them. Talk to them about what they saw and write down their information. This way you can contact them later if you need them to testify in court.
- Call your insurance company. After calling 911 and obtaining information from all other involved parties, call your insurance company. Only inform your insurer that an accident occurred. You do not have to make an official statement yet.
- Call a car accident lawyer. A Philadelphia car accident attorney can guide you through the rest of the claims process and help protect your best interests.
The more evidence you can obtain immediately after an accident, the stronger your initial case will be. However, our accident attorney is skilled in obtaining evidence — such as police reports, insurance information and camera footage from traffic lights — from all parties involved. Regardless of the situation, we can obtain what information is necessary to build the strongest case possible.
Wrongfully Injured? Let Our Philadelphia Car Accident Attorney Help
There can be nothing more stressful and disruptive to one’s life than being injured in a car wreck. You are likely dealing with stressors coming at you from multiple angles involving medical treatments, child care and lost wages. Know that if you are an injured victim of a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence that there are people are on your side who will fight for you.
At Grutzmacher Law Firm, we have a passion for personal injury law and have been practicing for over a decade. Our Philadelphia car accident lawyer is no stranger to the chaos and destruction that car crash injuries can wreak on a person and their family.
Over years of painstakingly improving his skills, building his knowledge and representing each of his clients with equal passion, Adam Grutzmacher has made a career out of helping injured victims receive the compensation they deserve for the ordeal they have been put through. Contact our law firm today at (215) 261-7975 for a free initial consultation to learn how we can help you, too.